The Imaginarium of J.M. Adkison

In Which the Imaginarium Goes Abroad

Published by J. M. Adkison under on 2:41 PM
Bonjurno faithful followers!

For those of you reading from Harding's main campus-I STINKEN" MISS YOU SO MUCH!-I hope you all will continue reading this and do not forget about me as I depart these lands for a world across the Great Atlantic where the evils of social healthcare hold sway and communists roam free-and where I am going to have the time of my life. Right now my heart is thumping so hard my other organs thinking of leading a revolt and staging a coup. I can only ask that my body keeps civil order while I am hundreds of miles over the Atlantic, listening to Josh Groban and hoping I don't sit next to a clown again (poor fellows are fun to watch, not to sit by).

Right now it is 5:49 pm on Monday the 18th of January, and tomorrow will be Tuesday the 19th of January, a day I have been waiting for ever since my mom grudgingly put down $300 for the sign-up fee. Pray the pilots are hyper and ready and no stupid flocks of geese come flying into our turbines-cause I would be so mad!

I'm hoping that I get a creativity boost while touring the giant museums and taking the trains and hoepfully getting to see the Pope (which, even though I'm not catholic, is still a big deal 'cause he's the Pope. Maybe he'll like me if I tell him my grandfather was raised catholic (just leave out the bit where he switched to protestantism). But oh boy if Italy is even half as cool as France was I am going to have a fit!

You know, being a frequent reader of young adult fiction where American youths are given items of strange powers that lead them on rip-roaring adventures into the hidden magical underbellies of the world, I'm gonna keep an eye out for any old shops with peculiar names that sell antiques that may or may not be meant to be sold to heirs of King Arthur, Merlin, Dumbeldore, David Copperfield and other fantasy heavy-weights. That or any pubs (mind you not to drink but to find a hidden wizarding world) under the name, the Leaky Cauldron. But I probably won't be going off with any peddlars saying there's a portal through another world in his wardrobe-because chances are he's a serial killer that keeps bodies in his cabinetry.

So keep me in your prayers as I go "galavanting" across Europe and as this Imaginarium goes to another country, who knows-I might even meet a girl!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ January 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Just a word to the wise--please bring to mind the sixth Harry Potter book in which Dumbledore acquires one of these "items of strange powers," a ring which, after putting it on, subsequently blows his hand off, essentially. Not to say that this could happen to you, but I bought a ring in a little antique market in Barcelona that I wore for six months until, a week and a half ago, it suddenly caused an enormous bloody wheal to come up on my thumb. (Just pretend that isn't too much information.) So--be careful. You never know when the evil wizards are going to attack your appendages.

Haha, but in all seriousness... longest comment ever... have a GREAT time and please post ALL YOUR ADVENTURES HERE so that I can stalk you and reminisce about where I really wish I was right now.

Unholily long comment over.

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers