The Imaginarium of J.M. Adkison

Dreaming at the speed of...way-to-fast

Published by J. M. Adkison under on 7:12 PM
So, one of my favorite movie paradoxes ever is in the first Chronicles of Narnia movie, where the Pevensie kids go to Narnia through the wardrobe and end up staying there as kings and queens for fifteen years. However, when they accidentally stumble upon their home-world again, they come tumbling out of the wardrobe at precisely same age as when they had entered the wardrobe fifteen years, or was it fifteen seconds, ago. Well, I've been having a sort of similar experience. I haven't been journeying to alternate worlds full of white witches, talking beavers and prophecies that just so happen to be about me-though I constantly wish something like that would happen-but I've been having dreams that seem to last hours, when in fact I've only been sleeping for five minutes.

Now here is the weird thing

I'm used to having weird dreams-very weird dreams-but I learned in psychology last semester that you only dream in R.E.M. sleep. which takes much longer to get to than a measly, five-minute in-between-classes nap. Lately, when I lay down on my bed after chapel to shut my eyes for a few minutes, I find my-self almost instantly caught in a dream-today I dreamed that I was riding a Great Dane through my house, though the dog continued to tell me to get off of him, I was stuck in my old high school library, trying to replace a motivation poster on the wall that had been knocked down, but the walls were already full of motivational posters and fliers for pointless school meetings, and then there was something, I think, about an inflatable monster trying to eat me. Now, I know getting to R.E.M. varies on time, but I shouldn't be getting there in just two minutes.

Well, its been causing me a little bit of distress-since I wake up thinking I've been asleep for hours and that I've missed all of my classes-only to find out I've been asleep for about six minutes. Thank you internal alarm clock.

Who knows-maybe in one of these weird dream states I'll be dreaming about Angels on the Moon like Thriving Ivory
Thanx for reading this thought rant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers