The Imaginarium of J.M. Adkison

Quotes from a Witty, Wise and Wonderful Writer

Published by J. M. Adkison under on 9:28 PM
I have never, ever heard one bad thing said about the brilliant and wise C.S. Lewis.
His ideas are just so great-and I would love to write just like he does-witty, wise and wonderfully.
I think if God has favorite writers-C.S. Lewis is one of them.
Here are some quotes that I absolutely love and I hope you do too.

-A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.

-A man who is eating or lying with his wife or preparing to go to sleep in humility, thankfulness and temperance, is, by Christian standards, in an infinitely higher state than one who is listening to Bach or reading Plato in a state of pride.

-Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.

-I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

-If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.

-If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.

-There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."

-This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.

-You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.

-You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.

And my personal favorite...

-Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers